LEDBETTER, Ky. – Led by a strong effort from junior Samantha Griffith, the Lipscomb women’s golf team opened 2016-17 with an eighth place finish at the Murray State Drake Creek Invitational in Ledbetter, Kentucky on Tuesday.
Griffith finished just two strokes off the top of the leaderboard behind a +3, 219 (74-72-73) to tie for fourth place with Murray State’s Lucila Puente and Akron’s Danielle Nicholson.
- The Lady Bisons finished with a final round 321 to give the team a three-round total of +80, 944 (322-301-321).
- Freshman Lauryn Davidson tied for 33rd in her first collegiate event with a +19, 235 (82-73-80).
- Sophomore Jenny Muesing finished just one stroke back of Davidson with a +20, 236 (81-75-80) to finish tied for 36th.
- Fellow sophomore Charley Benefield tied for 56th behind a +38, 254 (85-81-88).
- Junior Ines Konschewitz ended the two-day event in 62nd with a +46, 262 (87-87-88).
- Western Kentucky took home top honors by 11 strokes over host Murray State. The Hilltoppers finished with a +22, 886 (294-300-292).
- WKU was propelled by Mary Joiner, who claimed medalist honors behind a +1, 217 (71-75-71).