GLENCOE, Ala. – Junior Samantha Griffith led the way on Sunday as the Lipscomb women’s golf team opened play in the 2016 Chris Banister Golf Classic hosted at the Robert Trent Jones Silver Lakes Course in Glencoe, Alabama.
Griffith fired an opening round +2, 74 to find herself tied for fifth after the first 18 holes of the 36 hole event.
- Griffith finds herself just three strokes behind Murray State’s Moa Folke, who shot a -1, 71 to open the tournament.
- The Lady Bisons opened the tournament with a +36, 324 in ninth place.
- Jenny Muesing ended the first round tied for 30th with a +8, 80
- Charley Benefield finished the day three strokes behind Muesing with a +11, 83 in a tie for 40th.
- Lauryn Davidson and Hillary Reader rounded out the competitors for Lipscomb in 49th and 50th, respectively. Davidson shot a +15, 87, while Reader carded a +19, 91.
- Murray State sits atop the field after the first day with a +6, 294.
- The second day of the three-day event gets under way on Monday at 9 a.m. for Lipscomb.