GLENCOE, Ala. – Lipscomb junior Samantha Griffith again carried the day for the women’s golf team on Monday in the 2016 Chris Banister Classic at the Robert Trent Jones Silver Lakes Course in Glencoe, Alabama.
Griffith posted a second round +4, 76 to give her a +6, 150 (74-76) for the tournament. The Ooltewah, Tennessee native is tied for sixth just five strokes back of Murray State’s Moa Folke, who leads the field at +1.
- The Lady Bisons sit in ninth place after 36 holes with a +74, 650 (324-326).
- Jenny Muesing is in 43rd in the tournament with a +24, 168 (80-88).
- Lauryn Davidson follows Muesing by one stroke with a +25, 169 (87-82) in 44th.
- Hillary Reader heads into the final day of action two strokes behind Davidson with a +27, 171 (91-80) in 46th.
- Charley Benefield rounds out the field for Lipscomb in a tie for 47th with a +28, 172 (83-89).
- Murray State leads the field by 16 strokes heading into Tuesday with a +15, 591 (294-297).