GLENCOE, Ala. – The Lipscomb women’s golf team wrapped up action in the 2016 Chris Banister Classic hosted by Jacksonville State University at the Robert Trent Jones Silver Lakes Course on Tuesday in ninth place.
- The Lady Bisons were paced by junior Samantha Griffith, who posted her second-straight top-10 performance in a tie for sixth. Griffith finished with a +8, 224 (74-76-74) to tie with Alabama State’s Chanelle Avaricio.
- Lipscomb ended the three-day event with a +109, 973 (324-326-323). Murray State took home top honors with a +23, 887 (294-297-296).
- Jenny Muesing finished the tournament in 43rd place with a +34, 250 (80-88-82).
- Lauryn Davidson came in just one stroke behind Muesing in a tie for 44th with a +35, 251 (87-82-82).
- Hillary Reader and Charley Benefield rounded out the competitors for Lipscomb finishing in 46th and tied for 47th, respectively. Reader ended the event with a +40, 256 (91-80-85) just ahead of Benefield’s +42, 258 (83-89-86).
- Murray State’s Moa Folke took home medalist honors with a -1, 215 (71-74-70).
Up next: The Lady Bisons take on Tennessee State on Friday at McCabe Golf Course in Nashville.