PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. – The Lipscomb women’s golf team wrapped up action in the Ball State Sunshine Invite on Saturday with their best round of the tournament to close the event in 12th place.
The Lady Bisons opened spring action with a +137, 1037 (347-356-334) at the St. Lucie Golf Club.
- Samantha Griffith led the way in a tie for 39th with a 253 (83-88-82).
- Griffith was closely followed by Lauryn Davidson, who finished one shot back in a tie for 42nd with a 254 (89-88-77) including the best round of the event for Lipscomb on Saturday.
- Jenny Muesing finished in a tie for 56th with a 263 (86-90-87) ahead of Charley Benefield, who tied for 62nd with a 269 (89-90-90) in the 54-hole event.
- Hillary Reader rounded out the competitors for Lipscomb with a 270 (92-90-88) just one stroke behind Benefield.
- Toledo won the tournament with a +74, 938 (316-314-308).
- Elodie Chaplet from Lamar and Thunpijja Sukkasem from Toledo tied for medalist honors with +15, 231’s.
Up next: The Lady Bisons wrap up the month at the Kiawah Island Intercollegiate Feb. 26-28 in Kiwah, S.C.