KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – The Lipscomb women’s golf team opened the Kiawah Island Classic in 38th place on Sunday at the Osprey Point Golf Club.
The Lady Bisons combined to shoot a +33, 321 in the first round of the 54-hole event. They finished three strokes ahead of Western Carolina in the 43-team field.
- Lauryn Davidson led the way for Lipscomb with a +5, 77 in a tie for 104th.
- Lily McDonald finished two strokes behind Davidson with a +7, 79 in a tie for 134th.
- Emma Watson tied for 161st with an 81, while Charley Benefield tied for 191st behind an 84.
- Jenny Muesing rounded out the field for Lipscomb with a +14, 86 in a tie for 202nd.
- College of Charleson sits atop the leaderboard after the first day of action with an even-par 288. William and Mary is second at 289 and Murray State is third at 290.
- Jacksonville State’s Valentina Giraldo, Stephen F. Austin’s Alexandra Batista, North Florida’s Teresa Conroy and William & Mary’s Allison Olberding sits tied atop the field with a -3, 69.
- Round two is slated to get underway on Monday at 7:45 a.m. for the Lady Bisons.
- You can follow along with live stats at GolfStat.com
The Lady Bisons head to Dade City, Florida on March 12-13 for the Spring Break Shootout hosted by Western Kentucky.