KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. – The Lipscomb women’s golf team wrapped up action in the Edwin Watts/Kiawah Island Classic in 41st place on Tuesday at the Osprey Point Golf Club in Kiawah Island, South Carolina.
The Lady Bisons combined to shoot a +122, 986 for the 54-hole event after firing a 339 on the final day.
“This was a great event to kick off our spring semester as we had to knock some of the rust off from the lack of tournament golf over the last couple of months,” Lipscomb head coach Jesse Lawley said. “We did not play our best, but I like what I saw from the team collectively. We're improving and heading towards the ASUN tournament with each tournament we play.”
Junior Lauryn Davidson paced the team all three days in The Palmetto State with rounds of 77, 78 and 79. Her +18, 234 placed the West Virginia native in a tie for 123rd overall.
- Lily McDonald and Emma Wasson finished tied for 188th with a +31, 247. McDonald fired rounds of 79, 79 and 89, while Wasson shot 81, 84 and 82.
- Jenny Muesing closed the spring opener in a tie for 209th. She posted a +45, 261 (86-85-90).
- Charley Benefield rounded out the field for Lipscomb with a +47, 263 (84-90-90) in 212th.
- College of Charleston won the Classic after finishing seven shots clear of the field at +8, 872 (288-279-305).
- Davidson led the Lady Bisons with four birdies in the tournament.
- Murray State’s Lucila Puente Rodriguez took home medalist honors at -5 after winning in three-person playoff.
- Jacksonville finished third at +18, 882, while North Florida closed in sixth at +27, 891.
The Lady Bisons head to Dade City, Florida on March 12-13 for the Spring Break Shootout hosted by Western Kentucky.