BRASELTON, Ga. – The Lipscomb women’s golf team heads travels to the Peach State on Sunday for the 29th Edition of the ASUN Conference Championship at the Legends Course at Chateau Elan in Braselton, Georgia.
For the second straight season, the championship will be a 54-hole event with one round tentatively being played each day Sunday through Tuesday. Inclement weather in the area could cause a change in schedule.
“This is crunch time for us, this is what we’ve prepared for all season,” Lipscomb head coach Jesse Lawley said. “All the sweat and hard work we’ve put in really shows up in this event. I am looking forward to ending this season on a high note and then continuing to build this program to where we want to go.”
Lipscomb is set to begin teeing off at 7:30 a.m. on the par-73 Legends track that covers 5,893 yards.
The Purple and Gold’s highest finish in the championship came in 2015 and 2016 when they finished sixth.
- Head coach Jesse Lawley will carry a five-person team of Lauryn Davidson, Jenny Muesing, Sydney Willis, Charley Benefield and Emma Wasson.
- The Lady Bisons are coming off a 12th-place finish in a shortened Jan Weaver Invitational.
- Muesing led the way for the Purple and Gold with a +12, 156 (77-79).
- Former Lady Bison Samantha Griffith won medalist honors at the 2017 ASUN Championship after sinking a birdie on the first playoff hole to defeat FGCU’s Megan Blonien. She became the first player in program history to finish as the top individual.
- North Florida won the 2017 event after firing a +22, 898 (306-295-297). Lipscomb finished seventh at +101, 977 (345-314-318).
- The Ospreys are looking to become the fourth program in ASUN history to land back-to-back conference championship trophies. It was last done in 2009 by Stetson.
- Live stats will be available throughout the championship HERE.