BATAVIA, Ohio – The Lipscomb women’s golf team completed their most successful tournament in recent memory at the NKU Fall Classic at the Elks Run Golf Course in Batavia, Ohio as the Lady Bisons finished in third place.
After 36 holes on the first day of action, the Lady Bisons notched a score of +19, 303 on today’s 18 holes to finish with a final score of +61, 913 (306-304-303).
Lipscomb improved their score over each round to finish above Oakland, UNC Asheville, and Youngstown State.
Senior Lauryn Davidson paced the Purple and Gold with a career-best day of -1, 70. She finished the tournament with a score of +12, 225 (78-77-70) to place in a tie for 12th overall.
- Freshmen Sarah Hinton and Emily Keeling were next in line for the Lady Bisons. Hinton shot a +9, 80 on the day to finish with +16, 229 (73-76-80) in a tie for 18th. Keeling was close behind in a tie for 25th as she shot a +5, 76 for the day and +17, 230 (77-77-76) total.
- Sophomores Emma Wasson (tied for 34th) and KiLynn Gold (tied for 41st) rounded out Lipscomb’s top five. Wasson notched a +6, 77 for the day and a +20, 233 (78-78-77) for the tournament. Gold closed out with a +10, 81 to capture a +24, 237 (82-74-81) for the two-day event.
- Senior Lily Caroline McDonald, competing as an individual, posted a score of +54, 267 (91-90-86) to place in 78th.
- IUPUI’s Marion DeBove won the individual title with a score of -1, 212 (73-71-68).
- Cincinnati dominated the team leaderboard with a total score of +24, 876 (287-297-292).
- The Lady Bisons will be back in action on Oct. 1 and 2 at the Jacksonville Classic.