ORLANDO - The Lipscomb women's golf team finished seventh (319-308-308=935) at the Citrus Challenge after shooting a final-round 308.
Murray State won the tournament title at 873, 21 shots better than Keiser University.
Junior Rachael McMahan (81-74-76=231) had the best finish on the leaderboard for the Bisons tied for 17th. This was McMahan's first top-20 finish of the spring.
Freshman Sarah Hinton (80-77-75=232) had a solid tournament and finished tied for 23rd. Her final-round 75 was the best round of the day for the Purple and Gold.
"The first day was rough," head coach Jesse Lawley said. "We definitely did not play to our potential. The girls responded by putting two solid rounds together for the last two two days and moving up two spots on the leaderboard.
"I couldn't be more proud of of them realizing what needed to improve and then going back out the next two days and embracing the grind and improving."
The Bisons are back in action at the UNC Asheville Spring Invitational March 25-26.
1. Murray State 287-294-292=873
2. Keiser University 302-295-297=894
3. Georgia State 297-308-307=912
4. Austin Peay 303-306-305=914
5. Dartmouth 306-306-310=922
6. Cleveland State 310-310-307=927
7. Lipscomb 319-308-308=935
8. Siena College 312-316-316=944
9. Morehead State 314-328-310=952
T17. Rachael McMahan 81-74-76=231
T23. Sarah Hinton 80-77-75=232
T28. Emily Keeling 77-79-77=233
T42. Emma Wasson 84-78-80=242
46. Lauryn Davidson 81-83-80=244
1. Anna Moore, Murray State 70-70-72=212
2. Linette Holmslykke, Murray State 71-76-71=218