BRASELTON, Ga. - The Lipscomb women's golf team finished in sixth place at the ASUN Championship at the Legends Course at Chateau Elan.
The Bisons shot a final round saved 337, which was their best round of the tournament, and shot a 1,023 54-hole total. Kennesaw State won the team title at 910.
Junior Rachael McMahan was the leader for the Purple and Gold. She finished 13th at 240 with rounds of 80-78-82.
Freshman Sarah Hinton had the best round of the day for Lipscomb with an 81. She finished in 23rd in her first ASUN Championship at 252 (86-85-81).
"We didn't play as well as I or the girls wanted to play this week," head coach Jesse Lawley said. "However, there was way more positives than negatives. We had one of the girls not be able to play rounds two and three due to injury and the other girls accepted the challenge and really pushed thorugh it. The team is very young and improvement over the summer will come. Full speed ahead to Fall 2019."
This wraps up the season for the Bisons. Lipscomb will lose two seniors to graduation in Lauryn Davidson and Lily Caroline McDonald.
1. Kennesaw State 309-290-311=910
2. FGCU 317-301-305=923
3. North Florida 314-313-309=936
4. Stetson 326-312-325=963
5. Jacksonville 345-319-332=996
6. Lipscomb 341-345-337=1,023
7. North Alabama 368-345-351=1,064
13. Rachael McMahan 80-78-82=240
23. Sarah Hinton 86-85-81=252
T28. Lauryn Davidson 90-90-84=264
30. Emily Keeling 85-92-90=267
34. Emma Wasson 91-0-0=91
1. Medy Thavong, Kennesaw State 76-69-78=223
2. Roanne Tomlinson, Kennesaw State 77-74-75=226