NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team came out of Friday night’s game with its second tie of the season maintaining a scoreless result through two overtimes against North Florida.
“It was a disappointing result tonight,” said Lipscomb head women’s soccer coach Kevin O’Brien. “I didn’t think we played our best.
“We certainly created enough chances to score a goal but just lacked that final piece of quality in the box. We had lots of good service but the final touch wasn’t there for us.”
With spouts of rainfall throughout the match, both teams held their own on the defensive side of the ball keeping every shot out of the net.
“It was another great defensive effort,” O’Brien. “I’m really proud at how we dug in and defended the good chances for North Florida.
“But in the end, we have to take the ones that are presented to us and that’s how you win important games. Unfortunately we were just a bit deficient.”
The Purple and Gold outshot the Ospreys 26 to 14. Lipscomb was able to put 13 of those shots on goal while North Florida hit six on goal.
“I think North Florida did a good job defensively, but with the wet conditions and the ball skipping it was a little bit tougher to deal with,” O’Brien said. “Unfortunately that, I think, hurt us tonight. In the end we picked up a point, which is always a positive thing.”
Lipscomb moves on to 7-4-2 on the season and 1-0-1 in the conference. North Florida is now 2-9-1 and 0-1-1 in the conference.
- Lipscomb moves to 3-6-2 all-time against North Florida.
- Alex Hickey and Natalie DuBoise led the Lady Bisons in shots with four each.
- Thirteen players recorded at least one shot against North Florida.
- Goalie Anna Buhigas snatched up six saves. North Florida’s Megan Dorsey collected 13 saves. She increases her saves for the season to 53 with a GAA of 0.61.
- The Ospreys took four corner kicks while the Lady Bisons shot two.
- Lipscomb picked up its ninth shutout of the season.
- Ellen Lundy leads the team in shots with 20 while Natalie DuBoise leads the team in shots on goal with nine.
Up Next: The Purple and Gold returns to the Lipscomb Soccer Complex to host the reigning Atlantic Sun Champions the Jacksonville Dolphins on Sunday at 1 p.m.