|October 10, 2014||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||39:03||Lail, Anna (Lundy, Ellen )|
|STET||44:47||Matthews, Autumn (Sullivan, Katlyn , Keomanivane, Mara)|
|STET||46:16||Suarez, Adrianna (Bernecker, Carmen )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||STET|
|Shots (on Goal)||11 (7)||13 (6)|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team looks to build off its recent rush of momentum as the team kicks off a three-game road trip beginning with a match against Stetson Oct. 10 followed by Florida Gulf Coast Oct. 12.
The Lady Bisons, 8-4-2 and 2-0-1 in the conference, are fresh off a 1-0 stunner over the defending Atlantic Sun Champions Jacksonville. Junior Emily Shuler scored the lone goal for Lipscomb to give the team its first-ever victory over the Dolphins.
Lipscomb leads the A-Sun in shots with 196 and ranks second behind Florida Gulf Coast for goals with 21.
Sophomore goalie Anna Buhigas continues to dominate the goalies of the A-Sun with a GAA of 0.56. Her GAA also ranks 23rd in the nation.
Buhigas slipped in front of Jacksonville goalie Sarah Sierra to lead the A-Sun with a save percentage of .873.
Scouting the Hatters:
Stetson, 3-9-1 and 1-2 in the A-Sun, enjoyed its third victory of the season Sunday after defeating USC Upstate 3-2 in Spartanburg, S.C.
Eduarda Pavao leads the Hatters with four goals and nine points with two of her goals being game-winning goals.
Danielle Hurme leads the team in shots with 24 while Sarah Collins leads the team in shots on goal with 16.
Scouting the Eagles:
Florida Gulf Coast sits atop the conference with an overall record of 10-3 and 3-0 in the A-Sun. The Eagles lead the conference in goals securing 28.
The team is on a six-game winning streak defeating Kennesaw State Sunday 2-1 in overtime and USC Upstate 3-0 Saturday. FGCU has also garnered victories over North Florida, Wofford, CSU Bakersfield, and La Salle throughout the streak.
Tabby Tindell leads the A-Sun with 14 goals and 32 points. The three-time A-Sun Player of the Week ranks first in the nation for game-winning goals (7), second for total goals (14), second for goals per game (1.08), and third for total points.
Following in behind Tindell is Paulina Speckmaier who ranks second in the conference for goals (6) and shots (41). Shannen Wacker ranks first in the league for assists (9) and second for points (17).
- The Purple and Gold will be scouring for the program’s first-ever victories over both Stetson and FGCU. The team is 0-10-2 against Stetson and 0-5-2 against FGCU.
- Sophomore Ellen Lundy leads the Lady Bisons with nine points, four goals, and two game-winning goals. Freshman Natalie DuBoise leads the team with 22 shots.
- The Purple and Gold’s eight victories this season continues to better the school record for most wins in a season.
- Lipscomb has logged 10 shutouts continuing to increase the school record for most shutouts in a season. The team ranks sixth in the nation for shutout percentage sporting a 0.714.
- The Lady Bisons are on a four-game shutout streak, the most consecutive shutouts in program history.
- The team is quickly approaching the school record for most shots taken in a single season. The record currently stands at 217. The Lady Bisons have attempted 196 shots so far this season.
- Senior Baylee Linnell and sophomore Ellen Lundy are tied for most career points with 40.
- The team has outscored all opponents this season 21-8.
- Lipscomb has made an appearance in the National Soccer Coaches Association Southeast Poll for the fourth week in a row.