NASHVILLE, Tenn. – After a long, grueling season for the Lipscomb women’s soccer team, the Lady Bisons will host Northern Kentucky Friday Oct. 24 at 7 p.m. for the team’s last game of the regular season.
The Purple and Gold, 10-5-2, 4-1-1 in the Atlantic Sun, picked up its 11th shutout of the season last Friday night defeating USC Upstate 4-0 in Spartanburg, South Carolina. The team continues to better the program’s records for most shutouts in a season and most wins in a season with the shutout percentage (.647) ranking 11th in the nation.
Junior Anna Lail collected two of the four goals for Lipscomb with assists from Jade Abarca and Natalie DuBoise. She captured her second consecutive A-Sun Player of the Week honor for her solid performance.
Lail recorded an assist of her own with a pass near Upstate’s back line to freshman Paige Miller to secure the scoring opportunity. Miller along with freshman Elizabeth Ashwood each contributed their first goals of the season to the final result.
The Purple and Gold’s 13 shots against Upstate broke the program record for most shots in a season with the team registering 227 total shots.
After sitting atop the A-Sun for her outstanding GAA for several weeks, goalie Anna Buhigas dropped to second in the conference with a GAA of 0.71. Her save percentage of .848 is tied for second with Sarah Sierra from Jacksonville. Buhigas’s GAA and save percentage rank 41st in the nation.
The team will have a special ceremony before the game to honor seniors Baylee Linnell, Brittany Rupple, and Karli Crosby as part of Senior Night.
Scouting the Norse:
Northern Kentucky is coming off a 1-0 victory over Kennesaw State. Jessica Frey scored the lone goal for the Norse after a corner kick by Sami Rutowski.
Macy Hamblin ranks third in the conference for goals with six and second for shots with 53.
Goalie Tanner Ruberg sits above the A-Sun goalies with 10 goals against. She also ranks fourth with a GAA of 1.41 as well as fifth with a save percentage of .773.
- Lipscomb will be on the hunt for its first victory over Northern Kentucky. The Lady Bisons are 0-1-1 all-time against the Norse.
- Lail has scored her first five goals in three games. She leads the team in points with 13 and is tied for assists (3) with Natalie DuBoise.
- DuBoise has recorded 25 shots on the season placing 10 on goal.
- In conference play, the Lady Bisons rank second for goals with 13. They also rank second overall with 30 goals. The team’s overall GAA (0.68) is the best in the A-Sun.
- Buhigas ranks 18th in the nation for goalie minutes (1530:29). She is also on track to breaking the school record for fewest goals allowed in a season. The current record stands at 22 broken by Buhigas last year. So far this year she has only allowed 12.