|November 07, 2014||1st||2nd||1OT||2OT||Final|
|KSU||106:57||MAHDI, Khatra (NELSON, Julia )|
|Stats at a Glance||KSU||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||17 (5)||8 (3)|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team battled all season to make its second appearance in the Atlantic Sun Tournament and Friday in Fort Myers, Florida, the team will find itself in a rematch facing Kennesaw State.
This year the Lady Bisons, 10-6-2 and 4-2-1 in league play, hope to turn the tables after a 1-0 loss at Kennesaw State last year cut the team’s first-ever A-Sun appearance short in the quarterfinals.
Earlier in the season, Lipscomb recorded a 3-0 shutout over the Owls with Jade Abarca, Baylee Linnell, and Carolyn Springsteen all collecting goals in the contest.
Lipscomb leads the A-Sun with a shutout percentage of 0.611, which ranks 12th in the nation.
Anna Lail and Ellen Lundy lead the squad with five goals each on the season. The duo is also tied for most shots on goal with 12. Freshman Natalie DuBoise leads the Lady Bisons with 27 shots.
Sophomore goalie Anna Buhigas ranks second in the conference for her .835 save percentage as well as a GAA of 0.78. Her save percentage ranks 57th in the nation while her GAA stands at 52nd nationally.
Buhigas is tied with Florida Gulf Coast goalie Brittany Brown for most shutouts in the conference both accumulating nine. She has racked up 71 saves and has only allowed 14 goals this season.
Scouting Kennesaw State:
Kennesaw wrapped up regular season action with a 1-0 win over the Spartans of USC Upstate.
The No. 6 Owls enter the semifinals of the A-Sun Tournament after defeating No. 3 Jacksonville 5-0 last Friday night in Jacksonville. Kennesaw improved to 7-10-1 and 3-4 in the A-Sun.
Sophomore Maggie Gaughan leads the Owls with five goals and 11 points while sophomore Brittney Reed controls shots taken with 38.
Goalie Olivia Sturdivant has only allowed 17 goals this season and sports a 1.30 GAA ranking fifth in the conference.
- The Lady Bisons enjoyed a first-round bye week and were granted automatic advancement to the semifinals as the No. 2 seed.
- The No. 2 seed is the highest conference seed in Lipscomb women’s soccer history.
- A win over Kennesaw State will advance Lipscomb to its first-ever A-Sun Championship match to take place Sunday.
- So far this season, the team has broken the school record for most wins in a season (10), most shutouts in a season (11) and most shots in a season (254).
- The Purple and Gold have outscored opponents 30-14 scoring 10 goals in the first period, 19 in the second period, and one in double overtime.
- After defeating Kennesaw State Sept. 27, the Lady Bisons improved their overall record with the Owls to 9-2.
- Lipscomb is four goals away from breaking the program record for most goals in a single season. The current record stands at 33.