Cincinnati, Ohio – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team will be travelling to Cincinnati for a matchup with the Bearcats on Thursday.
The meeting will be the first between the two squads since Lipscomb joined Division I.
After posting two shutouts to begin the season in a scoreless tie at Tennessee and a 2-0 victory at home against Ball State, the Lady Bisons will look to continue their streak of stifling defense.
In the 2-0 victory over Ball State, freshman Maycie McKay and sophomore Elizabeth Ashwood notched goals to give the Purple and Gold its first win of the season.
Scouting the Bearcats:
- The Bearcats are coming off of a 1-0 victory over Vanderbilt, their first win of the season. They opened up the 2015 campaign with a 2-1 loss to DePaul.
- The match with Lipscomb will be Cincinnati’s third consecutive home game to start the season.
- Sophomore Julie Gavorski has notched a goal and an assist in the Bearcats’ first two games to lead the team with three points. She also leads the team with eight shots and five shots on goal, with both of her appearances coming off the bench.
- Junior Goalkeeper Anna Buhigas was named the Atlantic Sun Defensive Player of the Week for her performance in Lipscomb’s first two games. Buhigas put together a 200 minute scoreless during the two shutouts, while also stopping 15 shots. It was the second time in her career she has been awarded the honor.
- Lipscomb’s tie with Tennessee was the first in three attempts against SEC opponents, following previous losses to Vanderbilt and Mississippi State.
- The Lady Bisons finished the preseason with a 3-0 defeat over Battle of the Boulevard rival Belmont. In the match, seniors Elizabeth Ashwood and Molly Bray and sophomore Jade Abarca all notched goals. Goalkeepers Anna Buhigas and Kate Mason combined for the shutout in net. In the first game of the preseason, Lipscomb tied UAB 0-0 in Birmingham.
- Juniors Carolyn Springsteen and Ellen Lundy were named to the preseason A-Sun All-Conference Team, as voted by the league coaches. In the coaches’ poll, Lipscomb was picked to finish third, a spot in which they tied with Kennesaw State. Both teams received 46 points and a first place vote in the poll.
You can follow along with the game on live stats and live streaming at 6:00 p.m.