|August 30, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||9:59||Alex Hickey (Natalie DuBoise , Jade Abarca)|
|Stats at a Glance||JSU||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||8 (4)||19 (8)|
NASHVILLE – Lipscomb women’s soccer is looking to extend its unbeaten streak heading into Sunday’s home game against the Jacksonville State Gamecocks.
The Lady Bisons have gone 310 consecutive minutes without allowing a goal to start the season, the first A-Sun team to do so since 2011. Goalkeeper Anna Buhigas, last week’s Atlantic Sun Defensive Player of the Week, and the defense have managed three straight shutouts against Ball State (a 3-0 victory), Tennessee and Cincinnati (scoreless ties).
Scouting the Gamecocks:
- The Gamecocks are coming off of a 2-0 victory over Gardner-Webb, their first win of the season. They opened up the 2015 campaign with a 4-0 loss to Ball State.
- In the victory over Gardner-Webb, Olivia Drapes and Claire Petersen knocked in goals for Jacksonville State.
- On her way to being named the A-Sun Defensive Player of the Week for her performance in Lipscomb’s first two games, Buhigas put together a 200 minute scoreless streak during the two shutouts, while also stopping 15 shots. It was the second time in her career she has been awarded the honor. She added seven more saves against Cincinnati.
- The last matchup with Jacksonville State took place in 2003 and ended in a 3-0 loss for the Lady Bisons.
- Lipscomb’s tie with Tennessee was the first in three attempts against SEC opponents. The draw against Cincinnati matched the scoreless, two overtime draw with fellow AAC member Memphis last season.
- The Lady Bisons finished the preseason with a 3-0 defeat over Battle of the Boulevard rival Belmont. In the match, seniors Elizabeth Ashwood and Molly Bray and sophomore Jade Abarca all notched goals. Goalkeepers Anna Buhigas and Kate Mason combined for the shutout in net. In the first game of the preseason, Lipscomb tied UAB 0-0 in Birmingham.
- Juniors Carolyn Springsteen and Ellen Lundy were named to the preseason A-Sun All-Conference Team, as voted by the league coaches. In the coaches’ poll, Lipscomb was picked to finish third, a spot in which they tied with Kennesaw State. Both teams received 46 points and a first place vote in the poll.
You can follow along with the game on live stats at 1:00 p.m.