NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team heads to Huntsville to take on Alabama A&M on Tuesday looking to continue a four-game unbeaten, shutout streak.
The Lady Bisons have gone 400 consecutive minutes without allowing a goal to start the season, the first A-Sun team to do so since 2011. Goalkeeper Anna Buhigas and the defense have managed four straight shutouts against Ball State (a 3-0 victory), Tennessee and Cincinnati (scoreless ties) and a, most recently, second 3-0 win over Jacksonville State.
In two previous matchups with Alabama A&M, Lipscomb is undefeated. The Lady Bisons won last season’s matchup 7-0 at home.
Scouting the Bulldogs:
- The Bulldogs are coming off of a 12-0 loss against Kenneaw State, their only match of the season so far. Alabama A&M’s opening game against Tennessee Tech was cancelled.
- Alabama A&M returns 2014’s leading scorer, sophomore Margret Sesay, who notched eight goals and racked up 16 points last season.
- In Sunday’s 3-0 win over Jacksonville State, Lipscomb saw goals from Alex Hickey, Natalie DuBoise and Maycie McKay. McKay is the only Lady Bison to notch two goals so far in 2015.
- On her way to being named the A-Sun Defensive Player of the Week for her performance in Lipscomb’s first two games, Buhigas put together a 200 minute scoreless streak during two shutouts, while also stopping 15 shots. It was the second time in her career she has been awarded the honor. She added 11 more saves against Cincinnati and Jacksonville State.
- Lipscomb’s tie with Tennessee was the first in three attempts against SEC opponents. The draw against Cincinnati matched the scoreless, two overtime draw with fellow AAC member Memphis last season.
- Juniors Carolyn Springsteen and Ellen Lundy were named to the preseason A-Sun All-Conference Team, as voted by the league coaches. In the coaches’ poll, Lipscomb was picked to finish third, a spot in which they tied with Kennesaw State. Both teams received 46 points and a first place vote in the poll.
You can follow along with the game on live stats at 4:00 p.m.