|September 04, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||13:43||Brooke Brenner (Elizabeth Ashwood )|
|LIP||64:18||Caroline Chadwell (Maycie McKay )|
|LIP||77:33||Lindsay Brent (Emily Rogers )|
|Stats at a Glance||UTC||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||5 (2)||17 (8)|
|September 06, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|VANDY||74:26||Claire Anderson (Lina Granados )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||VANDY|
|Shots (on Goal)||9 (2)||20 (6)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team will look to extend its Atlantic Sun record and program-best undefeated, shutout start with a pair of in-state matchups over the weekend.
On Friday, the Lady Bisons will take on Chattanooga at 7 p.m. at home. In seven previous matchups since Lipscomb entered Division I competition, the two teams are evenly split with three wins and a tie apiece. Last season, the Lady Bisons defeated the Mocs 2-0 in Chattanooga.
Scouting the Mocs:
- Chattanooga is coming off of a 2-0 home loss to Elon. They have started off the season 0-3 with losses to Austin Peay and Kennesaw State as well.
- The Mocs return two of their top three leading scorers from 2014, Clare Latham (11 points) and McKenzie Gregg (seven points).
- Junior Katie Emig is a new addition in goal for Chattanooga, who started five different goalkeepers in 2014.
On Sunday, the Lady Bisons will make the short trip to Vanderbilt for a match with the Commodores at 2:30 p.m. In the only previous game between the two teams, the Lady Bisons lost 1-0 at Vanderbilt last season.
Scouting the Commodores:
- Vanderbilt’s most recent outing resulted in a 3-1 loss to Seattle in Washington. The Dores are out to a 1-3 start for the season, with their only victory coming against Gonzaga at home 3-2.
- Junior Simone Charley is Vanderbilt’s runaway leader in shots taken with 18. She also is the team’s leader in shots on goal (9), goals (2) and points (4).
- Head coach Darren Ambrose is in his first season with Vanderbilt after 15 seasons at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Redshirt junior Lina Granados suited up for the Colombian national team at the Women’s World Cup over the summer.
- After the 9-0 win over Alabama A&M on Tuesday, Lipscomb’s shutout streak has now reached five games and 490 minutes, a program record for both an undefeated start to the season and consecutive shutouts to start the season as well as an A-Sun record for consecutive shutouts to start the season. Lipscomb is one of only 14 teams in the nation to not have allowed a goal so far this season.
- Goalkeeper Anna Buhigas currently leads the A-Sun in saves (26), GAA (0.0) and save percentage (1.000). She is also tied for the national lead in the latter two categories, but has the highest amount of minutes played out of the 20 starting keepers who have yet to allow a goal.
- Freshman Maycie McKay is tied for second in the A-Sun with three goals in the 2015 campaign. She also cracked the top ten for shots taken with 11.
You can follow along with live stats for both outings and live streaming fort the Vanderbilt matchup.