|September 13, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|MSU||20:40||Shelby Jordan (Mallory Eubanks )|
|MSU||37:02||Kennadi Carbin (Morgan Mills )|
|MSU||Tanya de Souza||90:00||0||2|
|Stats at a Glance||MSU||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||22 (12)||6 (2)|
NASHVILLE – After a hard-fought 2-2 draw with Middle Tennessee, the Lipscomb (4-1-3) women’s soccer team will be making a quick turnaround to take on Mississippi State on Sunday afternoon.
In Thursday’s draw with the Blue Raiders, freshman Maycie McKay notched both goals for the Lady Bisons moving her team-leading goal total to five. Freshmen have already contributed seven goals and three assists for Lipscomb this season.
The last time these two teams squared off, Mississippi State won 2-1 in overtime at home during the 2011 season.
Scouting the Bulldogs (1-5-1):
- The Bulldogs are coming off of a 2-1 loss to Vanderbilt in Nashville on Friday night. Freshman Kiley Mertens scored her team-leading third goal of the season in the loss.
- Mississippi State earned its first win of the season against Nicholls State 4-0 on September 4th. The Bulldogs had lost four consecutive games to start the season.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Tanya de Souza has picked up 25 saves and allowed ten goals through seven games this season.
- Goalkeeper Anna Buhigas currently leads the A-Sun in saves (40), GAA (0.46), shutouts (6) and save percentage (.909). She also leads the nation in minutes played for a goalkeeper with 780, is 12th in saves and 18th in save percentage.
- McKay is second in the A-Sun with five goals in the 2015 campaign. She also cracked the top ten for shots taken with 22.
- Senior Caroline Chadwell has notched three goals on the year, placing her second on the team and tied for fourth in the conference.
- This is Lipscomb’s third matchup with an SEC school this season after a scoreless draw at Tennessee and a 2-0 loss at Vanderbilt.
You can follow along with live stats and watch live at 1 p.m.