|October 03, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||12:22||Alex Hickey (Natalie DuBoise )|
|UPST||49:28||VENABLE, Hailey (KEENER, Caroline )|
|Stats at a Glance||UPST||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||4 (2)||17 (8)|
NASHVILLE – After kicking off Atlantic Sun play with a thrilling 1-0 double overtime win over Kennesaw State last weekend, the Lipscomb women’s soccer team will be bringing the A-Sun action to Nashville with its first home conference matchup of the season.
The Lady Bisons (an A-Sun Best 6-2-4) will take on the USC Upstate Spartans (2-8-1) on Saturday night at 5 p.m. at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.
Lipscomb leads the all-time series 5-3 between the two teams, including having wins in the last two seasons against the Spartans.
Scouting the Spartans:
- USC Upstate comes into the matchup fresh off of a 2-0 victory over A-Sun newcomer NJIT last weekend. Senior Caroline Keener and freshman Kate Winegarner notched the goals for the Spartans.
- For her shutout performance in the victory over NJIT, senior goalkeeper Ellen Bright was named the A-Sun Defensive Player of the Week. She made four saves in helping the Spartans to a 1-0 start in A-Sun play for the first time in school history.
- Bright leads the A-Sun in saves in 75, while Winegarner is tied for fifth in goals with four.
- Sophomore Natalie DuBoise slotted in the game-winning goal in the 110th minute against Kennesaw for Lipscomb last Saturday, giving her two goals on the season.
- Junior goalkeeper Anna Buhigas leads the A-Sun in shutouts (8), GAA (0.53), and save percentage (.904) and is second in saves (66). She is third in the nation in goalkeeper minutes played at 1,179.
- Lipscomb is first in the conference in goals allowed (7), GAA (0.53), and shutouts (8), goals (23), and points (61). The Lady Bisons are second in goals per game (1.92), saves (69), and corners (50).
You can follow along with the match on live stats or live streaming.