|October 16, 2015||1st||2nd||1OT||Final|
|FGCU||42:33||VELEZ, Yazmin (ROGERS, Ali )|
|LIP||79:49||Alex Hickey (Maycie McKay )|
|FGCU||97:01||TINDELL, Tabby (SPECKMAIER, Paulina )|
|Stats at a Glance||FGCU||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||16 (9)||4 (3)|
|October 18, 2015||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||53:23||Maycie McKay (Emily Shuler )|
|Stats at a Glance||STET||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||3 (1)||13 (7)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (9-2-4, 4-0-0) women’s soccer team is set for a memorable weekend as the Atlantic Sun’s top two teams, Lipscomb and Florida Gulf Coast, do battle on Friday night, followed by a celebration of the team’s seniors on Sunday afternoon against Stetson.
The Lady Bisons will be taking on the Eagles at 7 p.m. on Friday, and Sunday’s matchup with the Hatters will take place at 1:00 p.m.
With either a win or a draw, or a loss or a draw from USC Upstate on Friday night, Lipscomb will clinch its spot in the Atlantic Sun Championship playoff.
Scouting the Eagles and the Hatters:
- FGCU heads into Friday’s matchup with an 8-5-2 record, including an undefeated 3-0-1 conference record. They have won three consecutive A-Sun games, with the most recent coming in a 1-0 shutout of Kennesaw State.
- The Eagles have knocked off Mississippi State and Wake Forest this season, tied Ole Miss, and lost just 1-0 to the number-four ranked West Virginia squad.
- Junior Tabby Tindell leads the A-Sun in several offensive statistics this season including goals (11), assists (7), shots (56), and points (29).
- Stetson (8-5-1, 2-1-1) ranks third in the A-Sun standings heading into the weekend, just behind Lipscomb and FGCU. The Hatters most recent outing was a 1-0 home win over USC Upstate.
- Sophomore Sarah Collins leads the team in goals (9), shots (54), and points (21), and is tied for second in assists (3).
- Lipscomb comes into the matchups fresh off a two-win weekend where they dispatched conference foes Jacksonville and North Florida on the road 1-0 and 2-0, respectively.
- McKay notched a late game-winner against Jacksonville, giving her a team-leading seven goals this season, which also ties her for fourth in the A-Sun. She also leads the team in shots (35) and shots on goal (18).
- Junior goalkeeper Anna Buhigas leads the A-Sun in shutouts (10), GAA (0.50), and save percentage (.909) and is second in saves (80). She is eighth in the nation in goalkeeper minutes played at 1,449, and eighth in save percentage.
- Lipscomb is first in the conference in goals allowed (8), GAA (0.50), and shutouts (10). The Lady Bisons are second in goals scored (28).
You can follow along with both matches on live stats or live streaming.