NEWARK, N.J. – The Lipscomb (10-3-4, 5-1-0) women’s soccer team is heading into its final regular season date of the season, a matchup at Atlantic Sun newcomer NJIT (2-13, 0-6) on Saturday, one win shy of a program single-season record.
The Lady Bisons won 10 games in the 2014 season, a Lipscomb record, and could tie the mark with a win against the Highlanders in the first matchup between the two teams.
Lipscomb heads into the losing only once in its last six games, with the most recent outing being a 3-0 win over Stetson at home.
SCOUTING THE HIGHLANDERS:
- NJIT enters the match on a 12-game losing streak, with its last contest being a 6-0 loss to FGCU at home.
- Freshman Arianna Gerber leads the team in goals with four. 24 of her 39 shots have landed on frame.
- Senior Samantha Bersett has manned the net for NJIT in 14 games, saving 73 shots.
- Junior goalkeeper Anna Buhigas currently leads the A-Sun in shutouts (11), GAA (0.55), and save percentage (0.65). She is also third in the A-Sun with 88 saves. In the nation, Buhigas ranks eighth in save percentage, 19th in GAA, 30th in total saves, and third in goalkeeper minutes played (1636).
- Freshman Maycie McKay leads the Lady Bisons in goals with eight, good enough for third in the A-Sun. She is also third in the A-Sun in points with 19, thanks to her three assists, and is seventh in shots with 38. She leads Lipscomb in all of these categories, as well as shots on goal with 21. She currently ranks in the top 100 nationally in goals (80th) and points (100th).
You can follow along on live stats and streaming. The game kicks off at 6 p.m.