FORT MYERS, Fla. – The Lipscomb (11-3-4, 6-1-0) women’s soccer team heads to Fort Myers as the second seed in the Atlantic Sun Tournament set to face the third-seeded Jacksonville Dolphins (6-7-3, 4-2-1) in the semifinals Friday.
The Lady Bisons earned a first-round bye in the tournament thanks to a school record for wins in a season.
Lipscomb heads into the matchup winning its last two games against Jacksonville, including a 1-0 shutout on the road earlier this season.
SCOUTING THE DOLPHINS:
- The Dolphins won their opening round tournament fixture against North Florida in penalties. After two overtimes, the game was still tied at one. Jacksonville prevailed 6-5 on penalties.
- Jacksonville had two players named to the A-Sun All-Conference First Team (freshman defender Lauren Short and senior forward Marie Weckhurst) and two named to the Second Team (sophomore forward Joelle d’Entremont and junior forward Cassie Elmore).
- Weckhurst leads the team with eight goals, 17 points, 47 shots and 20 shots on goal. Elmore and d’Entremont are tied for the team lead with three assists.
- Sophomore Sara Wicks has made 105 saves, and has a GAA of 1.20 on the season.
- Junior goalkeeper Anna Buhigas currently leads the A-Sun in shutouts (12), GAA (0.52), and save percentage (.901). She is also third in the A-Sun with 91 saves. In the nation, Buhigas ranks sixth in save percentage, 13th in GAA, 59th in total saves, and 55th in goalkeeper minutes played (1732).
- Freshman Maycie McKay leads the Lady Bisons in goals with eight, good enough for third in the A-Sun. She is also third in the A-Sun in points with 19, thanks to her three assists, and is ninth in shots with 40. She leads Lipscomb in all of these categories, as well as shots on goal with 22.
You can follow along on live stats and streaming. The game kicks off at 3 p.m.