|August 26, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||15:31||LUNDY, Ellen (DUBOISE, Natalie )|
|MSU||Tanya de Souza||90:00||1||2|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||MSU|
|Shots (on Goal)||6 (3)||18 (9)|
|August 28, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||26:49||COLBERT, Alesondra (MCKAY, Maycie )|
|OM||31:48||Addie Forbus (CeCe Kizer )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||OM|
|Shots (on Goal)||6 (3)||22 (15)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team is trekking down to Mississippi to take on Southeastern Conference foes Mississippi State and Ole Miss.
After knocking off fellow SEC program Vanderbilt 2-0 at home in their most recent matchup, the Lady Bisons are looking to extend their streak of good play against top notch opponents.
On Friday, the battle with the Bulldogs will take place at 7 p.m., while Sunday’s matchup with the Rebels will begin at 6 p.m.
Scouting the Bulldogs and Rebels:
- Mississippi State heads into the matchup with a 1-1 record, with the most recent outing being a 2-1 loss to Virginia Tech at home. The loss knocked them out of the top-25 rankings.
- Freshman Johanna Hamblett has led the way for the Bulldogs so far with one goal and one assist in the short season. She leads the team with three points.
- Ole Miss enters the weekend as the 19th-ranked team in the nation. The team’s most recent match resulted in a 3-0 win over Northwestern State.
- Senior Addie Forbus has notched four goals on 11 shots so far this season for the Rebels to total eight points.
- The Lady Bisons are 0-2 in the series matchup against Mississippi State, including a 2-0 loss at home last season. Ole Miss and Lipscomb will be meeting for the first time.
- The Purple and Gold earned their first victory against an SEC school in program history last weekend with a 2-0 win over Vanderbilt at home.
- Senior goalkeeper Anna Buhigas snatched up her fourth career Atlantic Sun Conference Defensive Player of the Week award for her performance in the team’s two opening week victories. She totaled nine saves against Vanderbilt and Belmont, and tallied her 29th career shutout with the clean sheet against Vanderbilt. She was also named to the Top Drawer Soccer Team of the Week, a first in the history of the program.
- Freshman Olivia Doak was named the ASUN Player of the Week in her first week of action for the Lady Bisons. She scored all three of the team’s goals during the week: two against Vanderbilt and one against Belmont. She finished the opening weekend as the league leader in points and goals.
You can follow along with both matches on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.