|September 09, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||ALST|
|Shots (on Goal)||17 (4)||8 (4)|
|September 11, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|WSU||79:21||ROMERO, Niki (GANZ, Ellie )|
|LIP||81:44||BRENT, Lindsay (ROGERS, Emily )|
|Stats at a Glance||WSU||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||11 (5)||12 (5)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team will be splitting up the weekend with a home and away match as Alabama State awaits on the road, while Wright State comes to Nashville.
The Lady Bisons are set to visit Montgomery, Alabama on Friday at 6 p.m., followed by a 1 p.m. outing with Wright State on Sunday.
Lipscomb is coming off of one of the best starts in program history as the Purple and Gold have started out 4-1-1 with their only loss coming at Ole Miss. The Lady Bisons defeated the other two Southeastern Conference foes, Vanderbilt and Mississppi State, they faced and enter the weekend on a two-game winning streak.
Scouting the Hornets and Raiders:
- Alabama State heads into the matchup with an 0-5 record, with the most recent outing being a 5-4 loss at North Florida.
- Junior Ariela Lewis has led the way for the Hornets so far with three goals. She leads the team with six total points.
- Wright State enters the weekend with a 2-4 record. The team’s most recent match resulted in a 1-0 home win over Fort Wayne.
- Junior Sarah Colvin has notched one goal and one assist so far this season to total three points.
- The Lady Bisons have faced Alabama State twice in the NCAA era, resulting in one loss and one win. The most recent matchup was a 3-0 Lipscomb victory three seasons ago. Lipscomb and Wright State have never met in the Division I era.
- Senior goalkeeper Anna Buhigas snatched up her fourth career Atlantic Sun Conference Defensive Player of the Week award for her performance in the team’s two opening week victories. She totaled nine saves against Vanderbilt and Belmont, and tallied her 29th career shutout with the clean sheet against Vanderbilt. She was also named to the Top Drawer Soccer Team of the Week, a first in the history of the program.
- Freshman Olivia Doak was named the ASUN Player of the Week in her first week of action for the Lady Bisons. She scored all three of the team’s goals during the week: two against Vanderbilt and one against Belmont. She now has totaled six goals to lead the team.
You can follow along with both matches on live stats at the links provided.