|September 24, 2016||1st||2nd||Final|
|KSU||10:36||KEMP, Cassidy (FINCHER, Kim )|
|LIP||14:12||MCKAY, Maycie (ABARCA, Jade )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||KSU|
|Shots (on Goal)||12 (5)||13 (9)|
KENNESAW, Ga. – The Lipscomb (6-3-1) women’s soccer team will begin ASUN Conference play over the weekend as the Purple and Gold are set to take on Kennesaw State.
The Lady Bisons and the Owls will kick off at 6 p.m. on Saturday at Fifth third Bank Stadium in Kennesaw, Georgia.
Lipscomb is coming off of a pair of losses to Cincinnati and Arkansas after notching only one loss in its first eight games.
Scouting the Owls:
- Kennesaw State heads into the matchup with 5-4-1 record, with the most recent outing being a 1-0 win over Winthrop at home.
- Senior Shannon Driscoll has led the way for the Bearcats so far with five goals and two assists. She leads the team with 12 total points.
- Fellow senior Kim Fincher has compiled three goals and a team-high four assists for 10 total points.
- The Owls have split their goalkeeping duties so far this year with senior Catherine McDuff earning a 2-1-1 record, while junior Ashley Zambetti has gone 2-3.
- The Lady Bisons have faced Kennesaw State 13 times in the NCAA era, with the Owls leading the series 10-3. Last season’s outing resulted in a 1-0 overtime win for Lipscomb at Kennesaw.
- Senior goalkeeper Anna Buhigas snatched up her fourth career Atlantic Sun Conference Defensive Player of the Week award for her performance in the team’s two opening week victories. She was also named to the Top Drawer Soccer Team of the Week, a first in the history of the program. She is now up to four shutouts and 53 saves on the year.
- Freshman Olivia Doak was named the ASUN Player of the Week in her first week of action for the Lady Bisons. She scored all three of the team’s goals during the week: two against Vanderbilt and one against Belmont. She now has totaled six goals to lead the team.
You can follow along with the match on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.