NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team will return to campus on Thursday for a home match with the Arkansas State Red Wolves.
The game is set to kick off at 5 p.m. at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex. You can follow along with live stats at the link provided.
Scouting the Red Wolves:
- Arkansas State heads into the matchup having defeated Missouri State 2-1 on the road in their season opener. Sophomore Dana O’Boye slotted home two penalty kicks for ASU.
- Junior midfielder Taylor Schneider is the returning leading scorer for the Red Wolves. She notched four goals and two assists for 10 total points in 2016.
- The Red Wolves went undefeated in the preseason, knocking off Arkansas-Pine Bluff and Jackson State at home by a combined 8-0.
- Junior goalkeeper Kelsey Ponder was named to the Preseason All-Sun Belt team.
- Lipscomb is coming off of a 2-2 tie against No. 10 Auburn in their last outing, moving their overall program record versus SEC teams to 2-6-2. It was the highest-ranked opponent Lipscomb has ever faced, and their first point earned in a matchup with a ranked team.
- Freshman Riley Henry earned the ASUN Player of the Week award for her performance in the Auburn outing. The Indianapolis native notched both Bison goals giving Lipscomb a 2-0 lead just after halftime. She also led the team with three shots and two shots-on-goal.
- The Bisons are 0-1-1 in the series history against the Red Wolves. The matches came in back-to-back seasons as Arkansas State won 2-0 on the road in 2010 and the two teams tied 1-1 at Lipscomb in 2011.
- Three Bisons landed on the ASUN Preseason All-Conference team, with senior Niamh Rawlins being named Preseason Defensive Player of the Year. She was joined by sophomores Olivia Doak and Leah Cernicky on the squad.
- Lipscomb was voted second in the ASUN Preseason Coaches Poll. They received 57 votes, just four behind first place FGCU, and earned two first-place votes.