|September 15, 2017||1st||2nd||Final|
|UK||48:07||Atkins, Payton (Keen, Katy )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UK|
|Shots (on Goal)||6 (2)||25 (9)|
|September 17, 2017||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||31:57||PARKER, Alliyah (HANSFORD, Arielle )|
|Stats at a Glance||ALST||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||6 (1)||27 (18)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (2-4-2) women’s soccer team will be splitting the weekend with one home and one away match as the Bisons are travelling to Lexington to take on Kentucky (4-4) on Friday followed by a home game against Alabama State (2-4) on Sunday.
Friday’s contest is set to kick off at 6:30 p.m., while Sunday’s match is slated for a 1 p.m. start time.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming at the links provided.
Scouting the Wildcats and the Hornets:
- Kentucky heads into the match having last defeated Ohio 3-0 in their previous outing on the road.
- Freshman Eva Mitchell leads the Wildcats with three goals and two assists for eight total points.
- After having two games postponed due to weather, this is Alabama State’s first game in over a week. They last defeated Presbyterian 6-1 at home.
- Seniors Lexi Krieger and Inma Martinez are tied for the team lead with three goals, one assist, and seven points each.
- Lipscomb is coming off of a 3-1 loss to Vanderbilt on the road. The Bisons scored first off of a goal from senior Jade Abarca in the 19th minute, but conceded three goals in the final 20 minutes of action.
- The Bisons have yet to face Kentucky in the Division I era, but are 2-1 against Alabama State. They won last season’s matchup against the Hornets 1-0 on the road thanks to an 85th minute goal from current senior Natalie DuBoise.
- In the first road game of the season, Lipscomb earned a 2-2 tie against No. 10 Auburn. It was the highest-ranked opponent Lipscomb has ever faced, and their first point earned in a matchup with a ranked team. The Bisons are 0-2-1 against SEC teams this season and 2-8-2 in program history.
- Freshman Riley Henry earned the ASUN Player of the Week award for her performance in the Auburn outing. The Indianapolis native notched both Bison goals giving Lipscomb a 2-0 lead just after halftime. She also led the team with three shots and two shots-on-goal.
- Three Bisons landed on the ASUN Preseason All-Conference team, with senior Niamh Rawlins being named Preseason Defensive Player of the Year. She was joined by sophomores Olivia Doak and Leah Cernicky on the squad.
- Lipscomb was voted second in the ASUN Preseason Coaches Poll. They received 57 votes, just four behind first place FGCU, and earned two first-place votes.