|October 01, 2017||1st||2nd||1OT||2OT||Final|
|LIP||65:05||VAN RYCKEGHEM, Hope|
|STET||77:16||Parent, Lindsay (Camargo, Abbie , Camargo, Briana)|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||STET|
|Shots (on Goal)||13 (4)||26 (8)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (4-5-2) women’s soccer team is headed to Florida for a pair of ASUN matchups over the weekend. First up will be a date with FGCU (7-2-1) at 6 p.m. on Friday followed by a game against Stetson (5-2-2) at noon on Sunday.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming at the links provided.
Scouting the Eagles and Hatters:
- FGCU and Stetson tied each other at 0 in each of their previous outings.
- Eagles sophomore Majorie Boilesen leads the team with six goals and four assists for 16 total points.
- Stetson senior Sarah Collins has scored an ASUN-best seven goals so far on the year.
- FGCU is undefeated at home, while Stetson has lost just one home match.
- Lipscomb is coming off of a 3-0 road win against NJIT in the ASUN opener. Sophomore Leah Cernicky and seniors Ellen Lundy and Natalie DuBoise scored in the victory.
- The Bisons all-time series record against Stetson stands at 11-3-2. They are 0-9-3 versus FGCU. The last matchup against both schools came during last season’s ASUN Tournament. Lipscomb defeated Stetson 2-1 in overtime in the semifinals and lost to FGCU 2-0 in the title game.
- In the first road game of the season, Lipscomb earned a 2-2 tie against No. 10 Auburn. It was the highest-ranked opponent Lipscomb has ever faced, and their first point earned in a matchup with a ranked team. The Bisons are 0-2-1 against SEC teams this season and 2-8-2 in program history.
- Freshman Riley Henry earned the ASUN Player of the Week award for her performance in the Auburn outing. The Indianapolis native notched both Bison goals giving Lipscomb a 2-0 lead just after halftime. She also led the team with three shots and two shots-on-goal.
- Three Bisons landed on the ASUN Preseason All-Conference team, with senior Niamh Rawlins being named Preseason Defensive Player of the Year. She was joined by sophomores Olivia Doak and Leah Cernicky on the squad.
- Lipscomb was voted second in the ASUN Preseason Coaches Poll. They received 57 votes, just four behind first place FGCU, and earned two first-place votes.