|October 14, 2017||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||54:43||DOAK, Olivia (BAILEY, Justis )|
|LIP||69:22||WALSH, Jordan (PARKER, Alliyah )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||UPST|
|Shots (on Goal)||28 (13)||5 (4)|
SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The Lipscomb (6-5-3) women’s soccer team is headed to South Carolina to take on USC Upstate for the Bisons final weekend road match of the regular season.
The Purple and Gold will take on the Spartans at noon on Saturday at the County University Soccer Stadium.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming at the links provided.
Scouting the Spartans:
- USC Upstate heads into the matchup having lost to FGCU 3-1 in their previous outing.
- Sophomore Abbie Ellis leads the Spartans with three goals and three assists for nine total points.
- Junior Emelie Valencianao and sophomore Jada Kinlaw are tied for second on the team with seven points each.
- The Spartans are 1-2-1 in conference play thus far, with their only win coming against North Florida.
- Lipscomb is coming off of an undefeated weekend in which they took down North Florida 1-0 and FGCU 4-3 in double overtime, both of which came at home. Redshirt-senior scored three goals across the two matches, including both game-winners, on route to winning her third career ASUN Player of the Week award.
- Lundy is third in the ASUN with six total goals on the season, and tied for first with three game-winners after the clutch weekend.
- The Bisons lead the all-time series against the Spartans 7-3. Last season, they defeated Upstate 6-0 at home. Lundy, senior Natalie DuBoise, and sophomore Olivia Doak were among the Bisons who scored in the win.
- In the first road game of the season, Lipscomb earned a 2-2 tie against No. 10 Auburn. It was the highest-ranked opponent Lipscomb has ever faced, and their first point earned in a matchup with a ranked team. The Bisons are 0-2-1 against SEC teams this season and 2-8-2 in program history.
- Freshman Riley Henry earned the ASUN Player of the Week award for her performance in the Auburn outing. The Indianapolis native notched both Bison goals giving Lipscomb a 2-0 lead just after halftime. She also led the team with three shots and two shots-on-goal.
- Three Bisons landed on the ASUN Preseason All-Conference team, with senior Niamh Rawlins being named Preseason Defensive Player of the Year. She was joined by sophomores Olivia Doak and Leah Cernicky on the squad.