FORT MYERS, Fla. – The Lipscomb (7-5-3) women’s soccer team is headed to Florida to take on the FGCU (11-2-1) Eagles with the top spot in the ASUN on the line.
With each team sporting identical 4-0-1 records atop the conference standings heading into the final week of the regular season, the winner of Tuesday night’s matchup with clinch the number one seed for the ASUN Tournament and move into a sole possession of first place.
The game was originally set to take place on Sept. 29 before it was postponed due to inclement weather.
The match is set to start at 6 p.m. You can follow along with live stats and live streaming at the links provided.
Scouting the Eagles:
- FGCU heads into the matchup with a four-game winning streak, and having defeated Jacksonville 5-0 in their previous outing. Both FGCU and Lipscomb’s lone conference draw came against Stetson.
- The Eagles only two losses this season have come on the road against Power Five opponents: No. 4-ranked South Carolina and Arizona State. They defeated Arizona 1-0 on the road.
- Sophomore Marjorie Boilesen leads the Eagles with 11 goals and five assists for 27 total points.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Melissa Weck has started in seven shutouts and made 46 saves on the year.
- Lipscomb is coming off of a comeback 3-2 win at USC Upstate in which they scored all three of their goals in the second half to extend their winning streak to three games.
- The Bisons are winless in program history against FGCU over 12 matchups. The two teams tied 2-2 during the regular season in 2016, and have met in the previous two ASUN Championship games.
- Redshirt-senior Ellen Lundy scored three goals across two weekend wins against North Florida and Jacksonville, including both game-winners, on route to winning her third career ASUN Player of the Week award. She sits at third in the conference and first on the team with six goals.
- In the first road game of the season, Lipscomb earned a 2-2 tie against No. 10 Auburn. It was the highest-ranked opponent Lipscomb has ever faced, and their first point earned in a matchup with a ranked team.
- Freshman Riley Henry earned the ASUN Player of the Week award for her performance in the Auburn outing. The Indianapolis native notched both Bison goals giving Lipscomb a 2-0 lead just after halftime.
- 10 different Bisons have scored a goal this season. After Lundy, sophomores Olivia Doak and Leah Cernicky have three goals each, while senior Natalie DuBoise and freshmen Selah Gilmore and Riley Henry have two apiece.