|November 05, 2017||1st||2nd||1OT||2OT||Final|
|LIP||37:50||LUNDY, Ellen (DOAK, Olivia , HANSFORD, Arielle)|
|FGCU||60:37||FRITZ, Holly (BOILESEN, Marjorie )|
|FGCU||73:06||KNUDSTRUP, Camille (BOILESEN, Marjorie )|
|FGCU||105:37||NESS, Varin (PARKS, Ashley )|
|Stats at a Glance||FGCU||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||23 (8)||11 (4)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb (9-6-3) women’s soccer team will be taking on the FGCU Eagles (13-3-1) on Sunday in the ASUN Championship for the third consecutive season.
The Bisons will play host after earning their first-ever regular season ASUN Championship this season. Lipscomb and FGCU finished the regular season with the same conference record, but the Bisons defeated the Eagles 1-0 on the road to earn the tiebreaker.
The match is set to kick off at 1 p.m. at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.
You can follow along with live stats and live streaming at the links provided.
Scouting the Eagles:
- FGCU heads into the matchup having defeated No. 6 Jacksonville 2-0 in the semifinals of the ASUN Tournament. Cassidy Morgan and Varin Ness scored for the Eagles.
- The Eagles were 5-1-1 in conference play this season. Their lone tie was also against Stetson.
- Sophomore Majorie Boilesen leads the Eagles with 11 goals goals and seven assists for 29 total points.
- The Eagles landed seven players on the ASUN All-Conference First and Second teams, including Defensive Player of the Year Ashley Parks and Goalkeeper of the Year Melissa Weck.
- Lipscomb is coming off of a 1-0 home victory over No. 4 Kennesaw State in the ASUN semifinals. Junior Justis Bailey scored off of a header sent in from senior Natalie DuBoise.
- Lipscomb’s win over FGCU earlier this season was their first in program history.
- Redshirt-senior Ellen Lundy scored three goals across two weekend wins against North Florida and Jacksonville, including both game-winners, on route to winning her third career ASUN Player of the Week award. She sits at third in the conference and first on the team with seven goals.
- Lundy earned the ASUN Player of the Year award for her season-long performance. Seniors Niamh Rawlins and Jade Abarca joined her on the All-Conference First Team, while sophomore Olivia Doak and junior Justis Bailey made the Second Team.
- Lipscomb women’s soccer head coach Kevin O’Brien won his second consecutive ASUN Coach of the Year award, while senior Natalie DuBoise was named the ASUN Scholar-Athlete of the Year for the second straight year.
- Joining DuBoise on the All-Academic team were: Rawlins, Lundy, Kate Mason, Brooke Brenner, and Leah Cernicky.
- In the first road game of the season, Lipscomb earned a 2-2 tie against No. 10 Auburn. It was the highest-ranked opponent Lipscomb has ever faced, and their first point earned in a matchup with a ranked team. The Bisons are 0-2-1 against SEC teams this season and 2-8-2 in program history.
- Freshman Riley Henry earned the ASUN Player of the Week award for her performance in the Auburn outing. The Indianapolis native notched both Bison goals giving Lipscomb a 2-0 lead just after halftime. She also led the team with three shots and two shots-on-goal.