|August 17, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIPSCOMB||14:56||DOAK, Olivia (DUNN, Allie )|
|LIPSCOMB||36:52||HENRY, Riley (DOAK, Olivia )|
|LIPSCOMB||57:10||MCFADDEN, Logan (MCKAY, Maycie , BRENNER, Brooke)|
|BELMONT||57:43||GARST,JULIE (BOOZER,JESSI )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIPSCOMB||BELMONT|
|Shots (on Goal)||24 (14)||14 (7)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team could not have asked for a better start to the season as the Lady Bisons (1-0) pounced on Belmont early to win the Battle of the Boulevard 6-1 on the road in the regular season opener.
Junior Olivia Doak got things rolling with a solo goal up the middle of the field in the 11th minute of action, giving the Lady Bisons their first goal of the season and an early lead on their rivals.
Less than five minutes later Doak scored again, this time from the right side of the field off of an assist from sophomore Allie Dunn. Dunn was playing in her first regular season match as a Bison.
Sophomore Riley Henry notched goal number three in the 37th minute. She slotted it home in the bottom right corner after a setup from Doak.
Dunn kicked off the second half with her first regular season goal in the Purple and Gold. The striker scored on a long breakaway in the 50th minute.
Freshman Logan McFadden got in on the scoring onslaught in the 58th minute of her first regular season game as a Lady Bison. Senior Brooke Brenner deflected the corner kick over to McFadden for the score.
Belmont notched their lone goal seconds after Lipscomb’s fifth as Julie Garst scored for the Bruins.
Henry earned her second goal of the match in the 75th minute as she placed it over the Belmont keeper’s hands after McFadden forced a Bruin turnover.
Senior goalkeeper Kate Mason notched six saves in a strong performance in the net.
- This was the most goals in a match for Lipscomb since a 6-0 home win over USC Upstate in October of 2016.
- Allie Dunn, Kristi Jones, Logan McFadden, Kammy McGee, Emily Patti, and Brooke Walsh made their regular season debuts in the Purple and Gold.
- Despite the recent success for the program, this was the first season-opening win for Lipscomb since 2012 when they defeated Jackson State 2-0 at home.
- Lipscomb outshot Belmont 24-14, with a 14-7 shots-on-goal advantage.
- Dunn and Doak tied for the Bisons lead with five shots each, while Doak and Henry tied for the team lead with three shots on goal apiece.
- Mason, McFadden, senior Justis Bailey, and junior Dom Diller went the full 90 minutes for the Purple and Gold.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will continue their first weekend of action with the regular season home opener on Sunday at 6 p.m. as Tennessee Tech comes to the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.