|August 19, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||5:29||DOAK, Olivia (DUNN, Allie )|
|TTU||19:35||MANNING, Courtney (GRIMES, Ashley )|
|Stats at a Glance||TTU||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||5 (4)||12 (7)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team made it a perfect opening weekend as the Lady Bisons (2-0) built on their opening night win with a 2-1 victory over Tennessee Tech in the 2018 home opener on Sunday night.
Lipscomb once again started out strong as junior Olivia Doak scored in the sixth minute of action to give the Bisons an early lead. Sophomore Allie Dunn assisted on what was Doak’s third goal of the season.
The Golden Eagles fired back with a goal from Courtney Manning in the 20th minute to tie the contest at 1-1.
In the 50th minute, senior Brooke Brenner fired in a scorcher to give to the Lady Bisons a 2-1 lead that they would not relinquish. It was Brenner’s first goal of the year.
Senior goalkeeper Kate Mason notched three saves, giving her nine for the opening weekend of play.
- Lipscomb outshot Tennessee Tech 12-5, with a 7-4 shots-on-goal advantage.
- Doak led the Bisons with three shots, while Doak, Dunn, and Brenner each tied for the team lead with two shots on goal apiece.
- Mason, senior Justis Bailey, juniors Hailey Eck and Dom Diller, sophomore Kaitlin Echols, and freshman Logan McFadden went the full 90 minutes for the Purple and Gold.
- Lipscomb earned eight corners to Tech’s one.
- The Lady Bisons were whistled for seven fouls while the Golden Eagles were whistled for just two.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will pick back up next weekend as they take on Ohio (Friday at 4:30 p.m.) and Miami (Sunday at noon) at the Music City Invite hosted by Vanderbilt.