|August 24, 2018||1st||2nd||1OT||2OT||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||OHIO||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||8 (3)||19 (6)|
|August 26, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|Stats at a Glance||UM||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||13 (4)||11 (5)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team is taking the trek across town to Vanderbilt for the Music City Invite where the Lady Bisons will have a pair of weekend matches.
Lipscomb will be taking on Ohio on Friday afternoon at 4:30, followed by a noon match on Sunday against Miami.
Both matches will be available on live stats.
Scouting the Bobcats and Hurricanes:
- Ohio started out the season with a 2-1 loss at Pittsburgh and a 1-0 win at Robert Morris.
- Last season, the Bobcats went 7-10-3 before losing in the MAC quarterfinals.
- Miami kicked off the 2018 campaign with wins at Florida Atlantic and against Florida International.
- The Hurricanes finished last season 5-11 and 1-9 in the ACC.
- Lipscomb started off the season on a high note, taking down Battle of the Boulevard rival Belmont 6-1 on the road in the season opener before defeating Tennessee Tech 2-1 in the home opener.
- Junior Olivia Doak won the first ASUN Player of the Week of the 2018 season, and the second of her career, for her stellar opening weekend performance. She notched two goals and one assists against Belmont and added another goal versus Tennessee Tech.
- Sophomore Riley Henry also notched two goals in the Belmont win, while fellow sophomore Allie Dunn earned one goal and two assists over the weekend.
- This is the first-ever meeting for Lipscomb with Ohio and with Miami.
- The Lady Bisons landed three players on the ASUN Preseason All-Conference Team: senior Justis Bailey and juniors Olivia Doak and Maycie McKay.
- The Purple and Gold were picked to finish second in the preseason coaches poll. They received 72 votes, slotting them behind the reigning ASUN Tournament champions FGCU who notched 80 votes.