|September 02, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||7:24||HENRY, Riley (DOAK, Olivia , MCKAY, Maycie)|
|LIP||51:16||SCHURCH, Emanuela (MCKAY, Maycie )|
|LIP||82:15||HENRY, Riley (MCKAY, Maycie )|
|Stats at a Glance||UTC||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||7 (3)||12 (5)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team came out strong and never looked back as the Lady Bisons defeated Chattanooga 3-0 on Sunday night at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.
Lipscomb (3-1-2) struck first in the eighth minute on a dynamic stretch of play.
Junior Olivia Doak sent in a cross which fellow junior Maycie McKay headed down in the box for sophomore Riley Henry to place it into the back of the net to give Lipscomb an early 1-0 lead.
The Lady Bisons earned their second goal against the Mocs (3-3) early in the second half. McKay sent in another assist to freshman Emanuela Schurch who blasted home the first goal of her career.
Henry and McKay teamed up for one final goal in the game’s waning moments as McKay sent the ball to the corner of the box and Henry slotted it home in the 83rd minute.
The goal was Henry’s fourth of the season and the assist was McKay’s fourth.
The Lipscomb defense held strong in the second half, hanging on to the shutout. Senior goalkeeper Kate Mason made three saves, pushing her season total to 25.
- Doak notched her second assist of the season on Henry’s first goal. Doak and Henry are tied for the team lead with eight points.
- Henry now has three two-goal games in her Lipscomb career.
- Lipscomb outshot UTC 12-7, with a 5-3 shots-on-goal advantage.
- Henry and Schurch led Lipscomb with three shots each, while Henry led with two shots on goal.
- Mason, senior Justis Bailey, and freshman Logan McFadden went the full 90 minutes for the Purple and Gold.
- Lipscomb was whistled for four offsides and UTC for three.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will be back at it on Thursday as they take a trip to Northern Kentucky for a 6 p.m. match.