|September 06, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|NKU||31:36||SUTTON, Erin (DUWEL, Samantha , SUTTON, Erin)|
|NKU||68:51||SOLTES, Emily (ZAKEN, Shawna , DUWEL, Samantha)|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||NKU|
|Shots (on Goal)||5 (3)||10 (5)|
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS, Ky. – It was a tough night for the Lipscomb women’s soccer team as the Lady Bisons dropped a 2-0 road contest at Northern Kentucky on Thursday.
Lipscomb (3-2-2) suffered only its second loss of the season, with the first being a 1-0 loss to Miami after the Lady Bisons allowed a goal in the waning moments of the contest.
Northern Kentucky (4-2) scored once in each half to build the 2-0 lead.
NKU scored first in 32nd minute as Erin Sutton scored from close after a ball was played to her from across the box.
The Norse scored again in the 69th minute to solidify the lead as Emily Soltes notched her third goal of the season.
Head coach Kevin O'Brien's thoughts:
"It was a difficult one to swallow tonight. Not because we were better than NKU, we certainly were not, but we lacked a conviction in our performance. That was disappointing.
"NKU has a distinct playing style that was difficult for us to deal with. Their pressure and direct approach forced us into mistakes and bad decisions that ultimately cost us two goals.
"I thought we played better in the second half, but even then, we did not play to our potential tonight.
"On a positive note, we've learned some lessons that can make us better in the future."
- Redshirt-senior goalkeeper Kate Mason blocked two shots, pushing her save total to 27 on the season.
- NKU outshot Lipscomb 10-5, with a 5-3 shots-on-goal advantage.
- Senior Brooke Brenner led the Lady Bisons with three shots and two shots on goal. Brenner now leads the team in both categories with 15 and 9, respectively.
- Mason, seniors Justis Bailey and Dom Diller, and freshman Logan McFadden went the full 90 minutes for the Purple and Gold.
- Lipscomb was whistled for five fouls and NKU for four.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will head back home for a 4 p.m. match against Miami (OH) on Sunday.