|September 16, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||7:35||MCKAY, Maycie (ECK, Hailey )|
|LIP||72:51||WALSH, Jordan (BRENNER, Brooke )|
|Stats at a Glance||UK||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||17 (7)||13 (7)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team finished the nonconference portion of the schedule on a high note on Sunday night as they took down Kentucky 2-1 at the Lipscomb soccer complex.
Lipscomb (5-3-2) rode a pair of top-notch goals and an impressive defensive outing to a win over the SEC school.
The Lady Bisons got on the board first as redshirt-junior Maycie McKay dribbled past the UK goalkeeper and placed the ball into the back of the net in just the eighth minute of action.
The goal was her second of the season. Junior Hailey Eck notched the assist on the play, her second of the year.
Kentucky (4-6) scored next as Miranda Jimenez notched a goal to tie the game at 1-1 in the 40th minute.
Junior Jordan Walsh came through with the game-winning goal in the 73rd minute of play. Walsh looped it into the corner over the keeper’s hands off of the assist from senior Brooke Brenner.
The score was Walsh’s second of the year, and Brenner tallied her third assist of the season.
Redshirt-senior goalkeeper Kate Mason made a number of important saves. She finished the game with six, bringing her season total to 41.
- Lipscomb is now 3-9-2 all-time against SEC schools. This was their first win in three tries against Kentucky, and it was their first win against an SEC program since a 2016 win over Mississippi State.
- UK outshot Lipscomb 17-13, but the two teams tied with seven shots on goal.
- McKay took a season-high five shots. She also notched three shots on goal.
- Mason, Brenner, McKay, Eck, seniors Justis Bailey and Dom Diller, and freshman Logan McFadden went the full 90 minutes for the Purple and Gold. Seven of the 11 starters playing the full match is a season-best.
- Bailey was handed her first yellow card of the season.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will head up north to NJIT Friday for a 2 p.m. match.