|September 28, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||27:43||CERNICKY, Leah (DOAK, Olivia )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||STET|
|Shots (on Goal)||16 (11)||8 (5)|
DELAND, Fla. – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team continued its strong start to the ASUN portion of the season as the Lady Bisons defeated Stetson 2-0 in DeLand on Friday night.
Lipscomb (7-3-2, 2-0) struck first in the 28th minute as junior Leah Cernicky notched her first goal of the season off of a cross from fellow junior Olivia Doak.
In the 50th minute, Doak added a goal of her own as she forced a turnover from 30 yards out before beating the Stetson goalkeeper one-on-one to give Lipcscomb a 2-0 lead.
The goal was her sixth of the year, tying her with sophomore Riley Henry for the team lead.
Stetson (3-6-3, 0-2-1) were unable to get their first conference win of the season as the Lady Bisons got out to an early lead and never looked back.
Redshirt-senior goalkeeper Kate Mason notched five saves in the shutout win to give her 53 for the season. She now has three shutouts this year.
Lipscomb Women’s Soccer head coach Kevin O’Brien’s thoughts:
“I’m thrilled that we picked up three valuable points tonight against a talented Stetson team.
"I thought we had solid performances from all of the girls, and I’m especially pleased about the contribution of the substitutes, they raised the level of the team and helped us secure the victory."
- Doak now has six goals and six assists for the year, giving her a team-high 18 points.
- From the 2015 season to now, Lipscomb is 18-3-2 in ASUN regular season play.
- Lipscomb outshot Stetson 16-8, including 11-5 with shots on goal.
- Henry led the team with four shots and three shots on goal. Doak and junior Maycie McKay each notched three shots.
- Mason, seniors Justis Bailey and Dom Diller, and freshman Logan McFadden went the full 90 minutes for the Purple and Gold.
- Bailey earned her second yellow card of the season.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will take on undefeated FGCU on Sunday at noon in Fort Myers.