|October 07, 2018||1st||2nd||1OT||Final|
|LIBERTY||38:14||TEAM (ELLIS, Madison )|
|LIBERTY||98:52||FARRELL, Gabrielle (ELLIS, Madison )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIBERTY||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||10 (7)||12 (7)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team fell in extra time to Liberty on Sunday afternoon, earning their first conference loss of the season.
The matchup was the first ever between the Lady Bisons and the Flames, who are new to the ASUN this year.
Lipscomb (8-4-2, 3-1) scored first, taking an early lead in the 13th minute as junior Leah Cernicky scored off of a free kick from outside the box. It was her second goal of the season.
Liberty (3-9, 2-2) answered late in the first half as the Flames scored off of a Lipscomb own goal that was deflected into the back of the net.
After a scoreless second half, Liberty notched the game-winner in the first extra time period as securing Gabrielle Farrell headed the Flames second scored into the goal in the 99th minute of action.
Redshirt-senior goalkeeper Kate Mason notched five saves pushing her season total to 61.
- This is only Lipscomb’s fourth home conference loss in the last four seasons.
- Lipscomb outshot Liberty 12-10, but the teams tied 7-7 in shots on goal.
- Freshman Emanuela Schurch led the team with three shots, while sophomore Riley Henry led with two shots on goal.
- Mason, seniors Justis Bailey, Brooke Brenner, and Dom Diller, junior Hailey Eck, and freshman Logan McFadden went the full 99 minutes for the Purple and Gold.
- Lipscomb took seven corners and earned nine fouls.
- The Lady Bisons were not called for offsides.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will host a pair of ASUN matches next weekend as they take on North Florida on Friday and Jacksonville on Sunday.