|October 12, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||32:05||MCKAY, Maycie (DOAK, Olivia )|
|LIP||55:19||TEAM (ECK, Hailey )|
|Stats at a Glance||UNF||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||6 (2)||13 (8)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team started off the weekend on a high note as the Lady Bisons shut out North Florida 3-0 at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex on Friday night.
Lipscomb (9-4-2, 4-1) notched its first goal in the first half as junior Olivia Doak sped down the right sideline before crossing it into fellow junior Maycie McKay for the score in the 33rd minute.
The goal was McKay’s fourth of the year, and Doak’s assist was her team-high eighth.
The Lady Bisons scored again in the 56th minute as the Ospreys (6-7-1, 1-4-1) knocked in an own goal off of a cross from junior Hailey Eck, her third assist of the year.
Lipscomb sealed the win with a third and final goal in the 83rd minute as sophomore Riley Henry knocked it in for her team-leading seventh goal of the season.
Redshirt-senior goalkeeper Kate Mason notched two saves pushing her season total to 63.
With the win, Lipscomb will clinch a spot in the ASUN Tournament with a Jacksonville loss or tie on the night.
- Doak’s team-high for points grew to 20. McKay now 13. Henry has collected 15.
- Lipscomb outshot UNF 13-6, with an 8-2 shots-on-goal advantage
- McKay led the Lady Bisons with four shots and three shots-on-goal.
- Mason, senior Dom Diller, and freshman Logan McFadden went the full 90 minutes for the Purple and Gold.
- Lipscomb took four corners and earned seven fouls.
- Three cautions were handed out, including one to Lipscomb’s Audrey Ann Beck, her first of the season.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will Jacksonville on Sunday for a 1 p.m. kickoff.