|October 14, 2018||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||48:03||BRENNER, Brooke (MCKAY, Maycie )|
|LIP||55:10||SCHURCH, Emanuela (MCKAY, Maycie )|
|LIP||69:05||GILMORE, Selah (MCGEE, Kammy )|
|LIP||77:22||GILMORE, Selah (WALSH, Jordan )|
|LIP||80:59||MCFADDEN, Logan (WALSH, Jordan , JONES, Kristi)|
|LIP||82:27||MCGEE, Kammy (WALSH, Jordan )|
|Stats at a Glance||JAX||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||5 (3)||26 (17)|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team completed the weekend sweep with a 6-0 win over Jacksonville on a rainy Sunday afternoon at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.
After several close-but-not-quite chances in the first half, Lipscomb (10-4-2, 5-1) came through with a pair of goals early in the second half to secure the win.
The Lady Bisons first goal came just three minutes into the second half as senior Brooke Brenner headed in a free kick from redshirt-junior Maycie McKay.
Shortly afterwards in the 56th minute, McKay again set up a score, this time for freshman Emanuela Schurch.
Lipscomb added a third goal to the score line in the 70th minute as redshirt-sophomore Selah Gilmore slotted home her first goal of the season off of an assist from freshman Kammy McGee, also her first of the season.
The Lady Bisons scored a fourth in the 78th minute as Gilmore notched her second of the goal of the afternoon and the season with an assist from junior Jordan Walsh.
Walsh set up two more scores in the game’s waning moments as freshmen Logan McFadden and Kammy McGee scored back-to-back goals in the 81st and 83rd minutes, respectively. McGee’s goal was the first of her collegiate career.
Redshirt-senior goalkeeper Kate Mason notched three saves pushing her season total to 66. She now has five shutouts this season.
Jacksonville falls to 1-13-1, 1-6 after the loss.
- The six goals ties Lipscomb’s single-game high for the season.
- Brenner’s goal was her third of the season, McFadden’s was her third, and Schurch’s was her second.
- McKay now has seven assists on the year after her third multi-assist game of the season.
- Walsh now has four assists on the season.
- Lipscomb outshot JU 26-5, with a 17-3 shots-on-goal advantage. Both were season highs.
- Schurch led the Lady Bisons with seven shots and four shots-on-goal. Seven shots ties Doak’s season-high mark.
- Mason, senior Dom Diller, redshirt-sophomore Audrey Ann Beck, and freshman Logan McFadden went the full 90 minutes for the Purple and Gold.
- Lipscomb took 13 corners and JU was called for 17 fouls.
- Three cautions were handed out, including Lipscomb freshmen Kristi Jones and Brooke Walsh's yellow cards.
UP NEXT: The Lady Bisons will host Senior Night on their final home game of the regular season on Thursday against North Alabama at 6 p.m.