NASHVILLE – In a clash between two of the ASUN’s best programs, the Lipscomb women’s soccer team came out on top with a 1-0 win over FGCU to advance to the ASUN Championship Final.
The fourth time was the charm for the top-seeded Lady Bisons (13-4-2) as they defeated the fourth-seeded Eagles (12-4-2) after losing to FGCU in the previous three ASUN title games.
Freshman Defensive Player of the Year Logan McFadden was the hero for Lipscomb, as the centerback dribbled the length of the field to slot home the game’s only goal in the 70th minute of gameplay.
Redshirt-senior Kate Mason came up big with seven saves in the win, giving her 85 for the season. It was also her eighth shutout of the year.
Lipscomb advances to the ASUN title game for the fourth year in a row, seeking their first-ever ASUN Tournament title. They will be taking on the No. 6-seeded North Alabama Lions.
The Lady Bisons will automatically receive the ASUN’s NCAA Tournament bid due to UNA being ineligible for the NCAA Tournament in their first season of Division I play. It will be Lipscomb's first-ever NCAA Tournament appearance.
- McFadden’s goal was her fourth of the season.
- The loss was FGCU’s first-ever in the ASUN Tournament in program history.
- FGCU outshot Lipscomb 13-4, with a 7-2 shots-on-goal lead.
- Redshirt-junior Maycie McKay led the Lady Bisons with two shots. Freshman Emanuela Schurch had the other Lipscomb shot on goal.
- Mason, seniors Justis Bailey and Dom Diller, redshirt-sophomore Audrey Ann Beck, and freshman Logan McFadden went the full 90 minutes for the Purple and Gold.