|August 30, 2019||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||10:50||Olivia Doak (Maycie McKay )|
|LIP||13:32||Kaitlin Echols (Cami Rogers )|
|LIP||18:24||Hailey Eck (Maycie McKay )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||JSU|
|Shots (on Goal)||18 (11)||4 (2)|
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team picked up its second straight victory with a convincing 3-0 shutout over Jacksonville State on Friday night.
Lipscomb got out to an early lead with a strong first half and never looked back in its first road game of the season.
Senior Olivia Doak got the scoring started as she put one in the back of the net in the 11th minute of the match. Doak’s goal was her third of the season in as many games. Maycie McKay was credited with the assist.
It didn’t take long for the Purple and Gold to score its second goal against the Gamecocks as it came just three minutes later. Kaitlin Echols sent one past the JSU goalkeeper for her first goal of the year. Cami Rogers set up Echols to put Lipscomb up 2-0.
Senior defender Hailey Eck in the 19th tick scored the third and final goal of the match. Once again McKay set up her teammate for the scoring opportunity and recorded her second assist of the night.
The Bisons defense held strong all night as they only allowed four shots for the entire game. Melissa Gray made two saves in goal and picked up the shutout.
- The Bisons outshot JSU 18-4, with a 11-2 shots-on-goal advantage.
- With her two assists tonight, McKay pushed her season total to three.
- Rogers led Lipscomb with five shots and three coming on goal despite not putting one in the back of the net.
- Audrey Ann Beck and Gray were the only two Bisons who went the full 90 minutes.
- Lipscomb tallied six corners, compared to Jacksonville State’s two.
The Bisons will have a quick turnaround, as they will travel to Chattanooga to take on the Mocks on Sunday. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. CST.