|September 19, 2019||1st||2nd||Final|
|LIP||52:43||Olivia Doak (Maycie McKay )|
|LIP||57:48||Allie Dunn (Leah Cernicky )|
|LIP||65:01||Allie Dunn (Olivia Doak )|
|LIP||72:52||Macy Douglas (Molly Grant )|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||SIU|
|Shots (on Goal)||21 (11)||9 (6)|
CARBONDALE, Ill. – The Lipscomb women’s soccer team traveled to Southern Illinois and picked up a 6-0 road win over the Salukis on Thursday evening.
The Bisons (6-3) came out aggressive and were able to get on the board early as Allie Dunn sent one past the SIU goalkeeper in 10th minute of the match.
The early goal went unassisted and was the first on the season for the redshirt sophomore.
Lipscomb continued on the attack in the first half and was able to tally 10 shots, with five coming on goal, but Dunn’s goal was the only one that found the back of the net through the first 45 minutes of action.
In the second half, the Bisons stayed aggressive and went on an offensive explosion scoring five goals.
The second goal of the match came in the 53rd minute as senior Olivia Doak put her sixth goal of the season in the back of the net.
Just five minutes after Doak’s goal, Dunn scored her second goal of the night to put Lipscomb up 3-0.
In the 66th tick, Dunn kept her career night going by sending home her third goal of the match and completed the hat trick.
The scoring would continue in the 73rd minute with the first career goal from freshman Macy Douglas off an assist from freshman Molly Grant, who recorded her first career assist.
The final goal of the match was scored in the 78th minute as Hannah Torbett stepped up and converted a penalty kick to make it 6-0 Bisons. Torbett’s penalty conversion was her first goal of the season.
- Goalkeeper Melissa Gray tallied six saves and recorded her fourth shutout of the year
- The Bisons have recorded back-to-back shutouts and have won four of their last five matches
- The last time Lipscomb scored six goals in a match was versus Jacksonville on Oct. 14, 2018
- Lipscomb’s six goals set the single-game season high
- Dunn’s hat trick was the second under head coach Kevin O’Brien
- Grant’s assist was the only one of the match
- Lipscomb outshot SIU 21-9 with a 11-6 shots-on-goal advantage
- The Purple and Gold earned six corners to the Salukis three
Lipscomb will return home to take on Xavier on Sunday at 1 p.m. Sunday’s match will also be Senior Day and will have festivities before kickoff.