|September 26, 2019||1st||2nd||Final|
|KSU||64:38||Becky Contreras (Emely Sosa )|
|LIP||72:54||Kaitlin Echols (Cami Rogers )|
|LIP||82:01||Olivia Doak (Hailey Eck )|
|Stats at a Glance||KSU||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||19 (9)||18 (10)|
|September 29, 2019||1st||2nd||1OT||2OT||Final|
|FGC||15:11||Marjorie Boilesen (Ashlee Brentlinger )|
|LIP||38:54||Kristi Jones (Molly Grant )|
|Stats at a Glance||FGC||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||19 (11)||18 (7)|
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb women's soccer team will begin ASUN Conference play this week with a pair of home matches.
The Bisons will first host Kennesaw State on Thursday night at 6 p.m. and then will take on Florida Gulf Coast on Sunday afternoon at 1 p.m.
Both matches will be available to stream vis YouTube and live stats will also be available for both matches.
SCOUTING THE OWLS AND EAGLES:
- Kennesaw State was picked to finish third in the ASUN Preseason Poll and comes into the match with an overall record of 5-4-0.
- The Owls lost their last two matches against Big 12 Conference members Oklahoma State and Kansas. KSU fell 3-0 to No. 25 OSU and lost 3-1 to No. 14 KU.
- Junior forward Erin Harris leads the Owls with nine total points so far this season. She has tallied three goals and three assists.
- Isabella Contreras was the lone Owl selected to the Preseason All-Conference Team. So far in 2019 she has tallied one goal and two assists for a total of four points.
- Tiffany Sornpao has been the primary goalkeeper for the Owls and has made 30 saves on the season, while allowing 13 goals for a .698 save percentage.
- Kennesaw State leads the all-time series between the two squads with a record of 11-6. Over the past 10 matches the Owls and Bisons have split evenly, 5-5.
- FGCU was picked to finish second in the ASUN Preseason Poll and has an overall record of 5-3 on the season. They will open up ASUN play on Thursday on the road at North Alabama.
- The Eagles had four players selected to the Preseason All-Conference Team in goalkeeper Melissa Weck, defender Lindsey Patton, midfielder Marjorie Boilesen and forward Evdokia Popadinova.
- Weck and Popadinova swept the ASUN weekly awards for this past week, as Weck earned Defensive Player of the Week honors and Popadinova earned Player of the Week honors.
- FGCU is led by Boilesen and Popadinova on the offensive attack with each player notching four goals on the season. Boilesen edges out Popadinova in total points, however with 10 compared to Popadinova's nine.
- The Eagles hold the advantage over Lipscomb in the all-time series with a 10-3-3 edge.
- The Bisons have compiled an overall record of 6-4 on the season after splitting a pair of matches last week. Lipscomb defeated Southern Illinois, 6-0 last Thursday and fell to Xavier, 2-1 on Sunday.
- The Purple and Gold have been road warriors this season with a record of 3-1 in away games, but have struggled to defend home turf with a record of 1-3 at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex. The Bisons are 2-0 on a neutral site.
- Lipscomb was picked to defend its league title this year by being picked to finish first in the ASUN Preseason Poll for the first time in program history.
- Three Bisons earned Preseason All-Conference Team nods in defender Logan McFadden, midfielder Leah Cernicky and forward Olivia Doak. Doak was also tabbed as the ASUN Preseason Player of the Year, a title she shares with FGCU's Popadinova.
- Doak leads Lipscomb with 15 total points, registering six goals and three assists on the season. Her six goals are tied for third in the ASUN, while her 15 total points are tied for second.
- Allie Dunn was able to record a hat trick with her three-goal performance against Southern Illinois last Thursday. Her hat trick was just the second to ever happen under head coach Kevin O'Brien.
- Freshman Macy Douglas has burst on to the scene scoring in back-to-back games for the first two goals of her career.