NASHVILLE - The postseason is officially here for the Lipscomb women's soccer team as the Bisons look forawrd to an ASUN Championship semifinal showdown with NJIT on Sunday afternoon.
The match will take place at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex and will kickoff at 1 p.m. CST.
The conference tournament match will be available to stream via Youtube and live stats will also be available.
SCOUTING THE HIGHLANDERS:
- NJIT is the No. 6 seed in the tournament and comes into the match with 7-7-3 record (3-4-1 ASUN).
- The Highlanders pulled off an upset in the quaterfinals by beating No. 3 Liberty, 2-1 on Friday night.
- Fiona Wright and Lauren Chamberlin scored the goals to push NJIT through to the semifinals
- The Highlanders had team members selected to All-Conference teams in defender Siani Magruder (Second Team) and goalkeeper Molly Saylor (All-Freshman).
- Lipscomb defeated NJIT at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex in the regular season, 4-0 back on Oct. 18.
- Lipscomb claimed a share of the regular-season conference title with a 6-1-1 record to earn the No. 2 seed in the tournament. It was the third-straight year Lipscomb has won the conference.
- The Bisons had five All-Conference selections: Olivia Doak (First Team), Maycie McKay (First Team), Leah Cernicky (Second Team), Katia Hanger (Second Team, All-Freshman) and Molly Grant (All-Freshman).
- Doak, McKay and Cernicky were also selected to the All-Academic Team, with Doak being named the Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
- The Purple and Gold are led by Doak on the offensive side of the ball with nine goals, five assists and 23 points.
- Doak ranks second in school history with 28 career goals and 20 career assists.
- McKay has had a superb senior campaign with six goals, six assists and 18 points.
- McKay’s six assists are tied for first in the ASUN.
- McKay ranks third in school history with 23 career goals and is the all-time leader with 23 career assists.
- Cernicky is the general of the midfield for the Bisons, directing traffic and setting up teammates for opportunities.
- Cernicky has tallied one goal and three assists on the year for five total points.
- The Lipscomb defense didn’t allow a goal in its final four regular season matches and produced eight shutouts on the season.
- Goalkeeper Melissa Gray has allowed just 13 goals this season, while making 70 saves.
- Gray has a .843 save percentage (second in ASUN) and a .830 GAA (first in the ASUN).
- Grant has been an effective reserve in her freshman season scoring six goals and tallying six assists for 18 points.
- Grant registered 13 points in conference play, which is tied for the league lead.