|November 09, 2019||1st||2nd||1OT||2OT||3OT||Final|
|LIP||14:52||Olivia Doak (Molly Grant )|
|KSU||68:25||Erin Harris (Kendall Hart )|
|Stats at a Glance||KSU||LIP|
|Shots (on Goal)||20 (7)||9 (2)|
NASHVILLE - The Lipscomb women's soccer team will have a chance to claim back-to-back ASUN Tournament titles this weekend as the Bisons will face-off against the No. 5 seeded Kennesaw State Owls on Saturday.
The No. 2 seed Bisons advanced to the final after defeating No. 6 NJIT last Sunday, 1-0 in the semifinals.
The match is set to kickoff from the Lipscomb Soccer Complex at 7 p.m. and will be broadcast on ESPN+ with live stats also available.
SCOUTING THE OWLS:
- KSU comes into the championship match with an overall record of 11-7-1 and is currently on a five-match winning streak.
- The Owls defeated No. 4 North Florida in the quaterfinals, 3-1 and upset No. 1 FGCU in penalty kicks to advance to the championship round.
- Kennesaw State landed seven players across the All-Conference and All-Freshman Teams, including Freshman of the Year Becky Contreras.
- The Owls have a 2-1 all-time record in the ASUN Tournament agaisnt Lipscomb, with their last meeting coming in the 2017 semifinals. Lipscomb won that match, 1-0.
- Lipscomb defeated KSU during the regular, 2-1 at the Lipscomb Soccer Complex.
- Lipscomb is currently on a six-match winning streak
- It is the fifth-straight year that Lipscomb has been in the ASUN title match
- Danielle Van Liere’s game-winning goal versus NJIT in the semifinal was her first goal of the season
- Lipscomb has scored the most goals in conference play with 18 goals
- The Purple and Gold also recorded the most assists in conference play with 15
- The Bisons had five All-Conference selections: Olivia Doak (First Team), Maycie McKay (First Team), Leah Cernicky (Second Team), Katia Hanger (Second Team, All-Freshman) and Molly Grant (All-Freshman)
- Doak, McKay and Cernicky were also selected to the All-Academic Team, with Doak being named the Scholar-Athlete of the Year
- Lipscomb claimed a share of the regular-season conference title with a 6-1-1 record. It was the third-straight year Lipscomb has won the conference
- The Purple and Gold are led by Doak on the offensive side of the ball with nine goals, five assists and 23 points.
- Doak ranks in the top-10 in the ASUN in goals (fifth), assists (seventh) and points (fourth)
- Doak ranks second in school history with 28 career goals and 20 career assists
- McKay has had a superb senior campaign with six goals, seven assists and 19 points
- McKay’s seven assists are tied for first in the ASUN
- McKay ranks third in school history with 23 career goals and is the all-time leader with 24 career assists
- McKay was recently named to the CoSIDA Academic All-District Team. It was the first time since 2011 a member of the Bisons was honored with this selection
- Cernicky is the general of the midfield for the Bisons, directing traffic and setting up teammates for opportunities
- Cernicky has tallied one goal and three assists on the year for five total points
- The Lipscomb defense didn’t allow a goal in its last five matches and produced nine shutouts on the season
- Goalkeeper Melissa Gray has allowed just 13 goals this season, while making 71 saves
- Gray has a .845 save percentage (second in ASUN) and a .780 GAA (first in the ASUN)
- Grant has been an effective reserve in her freshman season scoring six goals and tallying six assists for 18 points
- Grant registered 13 points in conference play, which is tied for the league lead