MACON, Ga. – The Lipscomb women’s tennis team took a hard fall as they lost to Mercer 4-2.
In singles competition, Mercer walked away with three match wins leaving Lipscomb to claim only two. Those matches were won by Deahna Welcher and Jenny Borck.
One of the singles matches was left unfished.
As for doubles competition, Melissa Kromer and Laura Kent managed to snatch a win against Liza Klyachkin and Roxy Bartz.
Mercer would go on to win the doubles competition as well after posting two victories by the team of Danielle Jones and Lucie Payrat and the team of Haley Powell and Natalie Franklin.
Lipscomb’s next competition will be tomorrow at Kennesaw State.
- Deahna Welcher (LIPW) def. Danielle Jones (MER) 5-0, retired
- Lucie Payrat (MER) def. Melissa Kromer (LIPW) 6-0, 6-4
- Roxy Bartz (MER) vs. Laura Kent (LIPW) 5-7, 6-2, 4-5, unfinished
- Jenny Borck (LIPW) def. Haley Powell (MER) 6-3, 6-4
- Natalie Franklin (MER) def. Lorena Djuknic (LIPW) 6-3, 0-6, 7-6 (7-5)
- Liza Klyachkin (MER) def. Sierra Troxel (LIPW) 6-2, 6-2
- Danielle Jones/Lucie Payrat (MER) def. Deahna Welcher/Jenny Borck (LIPW) 8-7
- Melissa Kromer/Laura Kent (LIPW) def. Liza Klyachkin/Roxy Bartz (MER) 8-1
- Haley Powell/Natalie Franklin (MER) def. Sierra Troxel/Lorena Djuknic (LIPW) 8-2